Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Currently reading

Persepolis, and Persepolis2, by Marjane Satrapi, an autobiographical graphic novel of a woman who grew up during the Islamic Revolution in Iran.

The books have been made into an animated film which opened on both coasts just yesterday. I think it'll be worth a trip to the theater when it comes to fly-over zone..



UPDATE: After spending hours in bed with cups of tea, I just finished reading these books. Voraciously. I couldn't put them down until I got to the end. And, wow, they are so good. I highly recommend them.

The last line? "Freedom had a price."

Indeed.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
phlegmfatale said...

wow - that looks like a really good film. I'll try to find it.

I hope your Christmas was as lovely as you are. CHeers, m'dear!

NotClauswitz said...

I read "Reading Lolita in Tehran" and thought it was pretty phenomenal, it sounds good too.

Dr. StrangeGun said...

I remember a line from something, regarding "the best art comes from the tortured, the artist in pain."