Sunday, December 30, 2007

girl stuff

1. Just when I was beginning to have the fleeting "maybe I'll let my hair grow long again" thought, I got a haircut. A little messy bob, a bit shorter in the back, not much work required to make it cute. It's a good thing, too, because my idea of fancy hairstyling is rolling the windows down and driving as fast as I can - unfortunately not a winter-friendly method. So pull up next to me on my way to the library early one cold morning and you'd probably think I was either headbanging to the radio or having a seizure. One eye on the traffic light, I alternate between furiously tossing my head in front of the heater vents and fingercombing my hair into some sort of manageable mess while bobbing around in front of the teeny visor mirror in hopes of a complete view of my coif.

(That said, I want you all to know that I have never been in an accident or even gotten a ticket. I imagine JayG's road rage meter went through the roof, just reading this)

2. Cobalt blue is a fine color for your fingernails. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

3. Bonne Bell makes a product (here in Cleveland!) called Lipsmackers. The Dr. Pepper flavor has the most perfect red tint - your lips, but better.

4. The eyelasher curler is your friend, but remember to open it fully before trying to pull it away from your eye. Trust me on this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The eyelasher curler is your friend, but remember to open it fully before trying to pull it away from your eye. Trust me on this."

I'll take your word for it. I'm just busy trying not to slice my cheek open with my electric razor. Last night, the foil tore and gave me a nice, 4" long scrape on my right cheek.

I might need to grow the beard back. It was less dangerous.

LBJ said...

I'm still trying to recover from having the adhesive side of the pad inverted.

Jay G said...

You'd have to at least be talking on the phone *and* texting into your Blackberry to even come close to the mongoloids I encounter on a regular basis...

PS: Long hair is better. Says the guy with a shaved head... ;)

Anonymous said...

I hacked my hair short in the first part of my freshman year of high school, because I thought it would be easier to deal with, being in ROTC and having to have my hair meet uniform regs. I was wrong. It took more trimming and messing with it than just pinning up my long hair, so I let it grow out. That was about 6 and a half years ago, and I haven't cut my hair since. Now it's down just past my waist, and it's still easier to take care of than when it was short - at least now if I let it dry on its own, it won't stick out every which way. :-)

And yay, Dr. Pepper chapstick! I love that stuff :-D

phlegmfatale said...

I've hacked my waist-length locks back to a buzzcut 3 or 4 times (one gets bored). But I look better with longer hair. It's down to the shoulder blades now, so I'll wait a year or so before losing my mind and being properly shorn. In any case, there's a lot to be said for ease of preparation of the 'do.

I love cobalt blue nails, but my favorite unconventional color is a pearly turquoise color. If I could make my nails look like ruby slippers, though, I'd be rocking that look all the time.

breda said...

Robb - split the difference with a goatee, perhaps?

lin - I do not even want to think about that. Ow.

jay - I don't have a cell phone, so I guess I'm safe. =)

HoaW - you do have lovely hair (where are those pinup photos, anyway?)

phlegmmy - I've rocked a pixie cut too. They are fun!

Anonymous said...

Breda, didn't work. When I shaved off the beard I left just the hair on my chinny chin chin. The Mrs. hated it so it went.

I hate mustaches on me. The only picture I have with one is on my drivers license, and being Hispanic, I look like someone who should be deported.

So the goatee was just the chin part and while I didn't mind it, The Warden said no go. I might grow the beard back though because I still can't get over how different I look.

Anonymous said...

Still working on getting my friend over here to help me. Hopefully it'll be soon, 'cause it's been far too long since I've done something properly girly like that :-)

And, thank you :-)

staghounds said...

The blue is FINE. I still have a crush on Krisztina Egerszegi's Atlanta Olympic nails...