Friday, February 22, 2008

the girl U want

I consider two of my favorite library pages to be cool (or "kewl", in the case of RobertaX) girls in training...they're both uber-smart and confident, enjoy interesting hobbies, have been friends since they were very young and are, in most ways, well outside of the norm for people their age. One day, while sneaking a chat in the stacks, we got on the subject of pop culture. I asked if they knew of one of my favorite kickass comic book (and cult classic movie) heroines...and then immediately realized, "Crap...they now think of me as the awesome older librarian" because they had never even heard of her.

(p-p-p-POW!)


Terrific soundtrack too! It includes Bjork's "Army of Me" - a tough gun chick anthem if there ever was one.

6 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Tank Girl kicks ass

Anonymous said...

What the hell, are they under 13 or something? I may not have a stack of the actual comics on my shelf, but you don't really have to to at the very least know of the awesomeness.

Damn kids with their text messaging on a device designed to let you talk to people and the hoopty music and the this that and t'other...

NotClauswitz said...

I liked the urgency of the Devo version, but TG is kewl.

Earl said...

Another indication that I am so out of real American culture - and I must be older than dirt, I completely missed Tank Girl - having busted track I have my personal opinions. But then I like Pinky TA http://www.pinkyta.com/
don't believe in it but like the story and cultured clutter.

Roberta X said...

Tank Girl *is* teh kewl!

staghounds said...

I thought the movie lacked the proper level of insouciance. And it WAY failed to use Lori Petty's talents.