Saturday, May 17, 2008

Research.

It's what I do. I look things up a living, winnowing useful information out of astounding amounts of dreck. It's like a scavenger hunt everyday, and I like it. I've often continued a search well after a library patron has given up and gone home. I don't know what I like more - the thrill of the hunt or the satisfaction that comes with finding the right answer.

So when I started thinking about buying my first handgun, I knew myself well enough to know that I'd have to do a lot of reading and pistol-testing to be sure of any purchase I'd make.

In the end, I made the right choice. The Bersa Thunder .380 is slim, easily concealable and shoots like a dream. My first time at the range with my first pistol...
Bersa Thunder .380 @ 7 yards

Smaller calibers require better shot placement. I think I'm doing okay.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shooting for first time a couple more practise sessions and you will be taking out the middle of the Target.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Glad to see you're enjoying the Bersa!

Kevin said...

I think you got him.

And I have something for you!

doubletrouble said...

Lookin' GOOD lass!

Target is fine too 8^)

Unrelated to this post:
On your recommendation I've tried the McIlhenny Chipotle sauce. That stuff is freakin’ outstanding. Had it tonight on the Mrs.’ homemade french fries- perfeck! Thanks.

Fits said...

http://shootingmessengers.blogspot.com/2008/05/once-more-just-because.html

phlegmfatale said...

looks awesome to me!