Monday, October 20, 2008

haha.

Jon Stewart is such a funny man. Too bad that today I'm laughing at him, not with him.

Apparently, he got his tender little feelings hurt when Sarah Palin said:
"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe...that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit..."
Mr. Stewart, a Manhattan native, accused the Republicans of "writing off whole swaths of the country."

Does the term "flyover country" ring a bell? At all?

I have lived my entire life surrounded by those same small-town people the liberal media, entertainment industry and trendy urbanites find so laughable. I've found them to be mostly hardworking people who try their best to be kind, usually shrugging off disagreements (political or otherwise) with a simple "Ah, well. Live and let live" because that's exactly what they hope for themselves. Freedom. Liberty.

So big bad Sarah dares to question the greatness of the big-city elite and Jon Stewart gets his panties in a bunch. It must sting.

But we the illiterate, knuckledraggin', Bible-thumpin', gun-totin', cousin-humpin', Walmart-shoppin' rednecks out here in the backwoods can sympathize. All of us small town folk who have been clinging "to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them" (because, of course, we're racist homophobes too)...we feel your pain, Jon.

We have been slandered for years.

6 comments:

Less said...

About Walmart - I'll never forget when I took my Swiss brother-in-law to Walmart for the first time.

He just stared in amazement that you can buy milk, furniture, flowers, guns, and motor oil in the same place.

All at a pretty decent price.

Less said...

BTW - I saw your comment on twitter, "I hate it when string cheese doesn't string..."

You need to check THIS out:
Bread Cheese!
(Price isn't the best, so look around...)

We eat it all the time in Wisconsin and it's kinda like Saganaki, without the fire...

Oh, and served in coffee, it is amazing! (I learned that from a Swedish tourist in ChiTown!)

OrangeNeck said...

I'm a "A little yellow (skinned) redneck." Does that make me a racist too? I'm going home and hugging my guns tonight.

Oh, and by the way, you have to read this court order from Pennsylvania ordering Obama to produce his REAL birth certificate:
http://www.obamacrimes.com/attachments/030_ObamaBergOpposProtecOrder100808.pdf

OrangeNeck said...

It's scary how he's making a mockery of our entire Electoral process, and how many sheeple still want him as president.

Christina RN LMT said...

People hear what they want to hear, especially when the media is murmuring reinforcement right into their ears.

Kevin said...

We of the Gun Culture have started to refer to certain states and localities as "American-occupied America." (That's a Tam-ism, BTW.)

I think that's far more blatant than "the best of America."