So it's 4 days into the new year, right about the time when most people are starting to justify that extra little nibble of the dessert they resolved not to order in the first place, and I'm just beginning to consider making promises to myself. I've procrastinated even on this, not quite a fresh start, but still - better than nothing.
I break a task down into an infinity of steps in my mind and get bogged down in the details. If I could only get my brain to shut up once in a while, perhaps I might be able to accomplish something. Mull, fret, rehash- lather, rinse, repeat. Tiresome, really.
And so, a list of baby steps for the new year, little things that will make life good.
1. Put my hair up and wear dangly earrings at least weekly
2. Read more books, less internet
3. Exercise to avoid all encroaching chicken wings and muffin tops
4. Shoot more often and dry fire when I can't
5. Try new recipes
Easy enough, right? Doable.
However, there is one other task, set aside in a separate, not-so-simple, list. It's going to take a bit of work and I'm going to need you to bear with me.
6. Find the joy in blogging again. For me.