Saturday, April 24, 2010

off the clock

Research is what I do - and it seems that I do it so often that it's become a habit. Any time an "I wonder..." question comes up in conversation, I immediately feel the urge to go find the answer.

Today, during my brother-in-law's birthday dinner, somehow the topic turned to beer bellies and ballet.

"I'm sure that somewhere on the internet, there's a video of that," said Rob, the guest of honor.

I sighed, resigned to my fate as everyone's personal librarian. "Okay, fine. I'll go look it up."

And with a couple of beers under my belt, this is the closest I came to a match...



I guess you can take the girl out of the library but you can never take the library out of the girl.

(hope everyone is having a great weekend! I had steak!)

7 comments:

Alan said...

Mmmmm... Dueling Banjos. I love me some Flatt and Scruggs.

Mike W. said...

Birthdays and beers! I did the same thing today.

Old NFO said...

Good one, and yes you are GOOD at what you do :-) You just need to be paid a hellva lot better for it!

Anonymous said...

I admire success of course, but in this particular case I'm willing to sign off on close-enough for the search in question and the video you found!

Brian K Miller said...

Lovely! Looks like great fun!

Beth said...

I completely relate to having to find answers to stuff. I said the other day that if I ever had a ton of money, I'd hire a few people to simply find out the answers to all the questions I have.

At least you have the educational background to do proper research! I've got a degree in Sociology, so at least I know just enough about statistics and raw data and methodology to know b.s. when I read it.

bluesun said...

How about Weird Al's Smells Like Nirvana at about 2:48?