- are more conscious than men
- have been subjugated and oppressed by men
- have been barred from political and religious office
- are relegated to subservient chores
- have a more inclusive spirituality
- have a deeper connection to the earth
- have a better intuition about how to preserve and heal our planet
- have a profound capacity for feeling
- have wise hearts
- are better at peaceful resolution of conflict
- have a greater ability to apologize and forgive
- do not instigate invasions or wars
- need food, rest, and playtime*
- have a greater sense of compassionate justice
- have a natural sense of nurturing and abundance
For someone whose feminism looks less like this:
And a lot more like this:
this pantywaist "apology" is an insult. This video is condescending in the extreme. It says, "Oh, you poor victims of the evil Western patriarchy. We'll step aside now so you little ladies can feel powerful and teach us your peaceful babymakin' earthmother ways." They might as well have made a video saying that all women are whores and bimbos and good for nothing but gyrating on a pole or birthin' babies, it'd invoke just about the same reaction in me.
And, for the makers of this video, know this...
My light will always shine, whether you are conscious of it or not. My power does not depend on any man relinquishing his own. My strength never required anyone's permission.
This truth may make you feel small, it may make your masculine energies feel weak.
But, for that, I will never apologize.
** Alternate title: "Video of men who make Breda feel like she either needs to bathe or go shooting." Alternate title #2: "Years of therapy have not made us alpha males, so we're just going to roll with it." Alternate title #3: "I don't care how sensitive you think you are, you're still not getting in my pants."