Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drilling (& why to try)

Newbius had brought a beautiful old long gun to Northcoast II and everyone who shot it was ooh'ing over the recoil. I hung back, watching.

Mike said, "You want to try it?" He was grinning.

I demurred. No, no. Too much for little ol' me. Alan nodded. "Do it." Everyone was looking at me expectantly.

Fine. I'll shoot anything once, or at least try - I had promised myself that long ago.

*language warning*


Uh..okay. I guess I'll try again.



And yes, I liked it so much, I DID shoot it again. 
(3rd video and excellent NCII AAR at New Jovian Thunderbolt's blog. Go see!)

6 comments:

Newbius said...

Glad you liked it. You should try shooting some clays with it... :D

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Wouldn't it be more fun to to shoot boar with it?

Of course, if the boar hunting with the Drilling isn't old skool enough for you,

http://www.sthubertsrangers.org/

DaddyBear said...

I love that grin whenever someone shoots something new that they like.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Hmmm. Anybody have a Matchlock for Next Year? If we're going Olde Skool....

Newbius said...

Breda, thanks again for the link. Here is another picture of the gun: http://newbius.blogspot.com/2011/09/drilling.html

(WV: "ravelamb" Hipster Sheeple?)

Old NFO said...

Breda, you NEVER back down from a challenge... That is one of the reasons we love you :-)