Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drilling (& why to try)

Newbius had brought a beautiful old long gun to Northcoast II and everyone who shot it was ooh'ing over the recoil. I hung back, watching.

Mike said, "You want to try it?" He was grinning.

I demurred. No, no. Too much for little ol' me. Alan nodded. "Do it." Everyone was looking at me expectantly.

Fine. I'll shoot anything once, or at least try - I had promised myself that long ago.

*language warning*

Uh..okay. I guess I'll try again.

And yes, I liked it so much, I DID shoot it again. 
(3rd video and excellent NCII AAR at New Jovian Thunderbolt's blog. Go see!)


Newbius said...

Glad you liked it. You should try shooting some clays with it... :D

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Wouldn't it be more fun to to shoot boar with it?

Of course, if the boar hunting with the Drilling isn't old skool enough for you,

DaddyBear said...

I love that grin whenever someone shoots something new that they like.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Hmmm. Anybody have a Matchlock for Next Year? If we're going Olde Skool....

Newbius said...

Breda, thanks again for the link. Here is another picture of the gun:

(WV: "ravelamb" Hipster Sheeple?)

Old NFO said...

Breda, you NEVER back down from a challenge... That is one of the reasons we love you :-)