Friday, June 6, 2008

Wow.

I am kind of overwhelmed at all the birthday wishes you left me. JayG sang to me (isn't he sweet?), Rustmeister virtually toasted me with a pint (someday we'll do that in person), Mark helped me out in the math department (I'm always grateful for that), Tamara gave me a menagerie, Phlegmfatale modeled amazing shoes just for me (I live vicariously through her since I'll never be able to wear anything but flats), Earl thinks I'm nice (it's mutual), TD thinks I'm funny (again, mutual), and an anonymous commenter left me a poem - by Lord Byron (yowza!). One of my blog readers, Heath, even came out to our Friends of the NRA banquet to buy me a birthday beer. (more on that later!) All that plus 42 other comments?

I'm blushing and giggling and getting choked up, all at once. Good work, people.

And if I missed anyone (technorati is less than fantastic lately), thank you too! Best birthday I've had in a long time.

4 comments:

Arthur said...

"I live vicariously through her since I'll never be able to wear anything but flats"

How old are you? I wouldn't be so sure - seriously cool

Less said...

Shit!! I'm a total guy:

Um, "Happy Belated Birthday!"

Lydia said...

I was going to give you a lap dance, but then Mike would have to prove he adores you more and try to do a lap dance for you...and well...you can just imagine what a complete debacle two rhythmless people would provide.

Anonymous said...

I'm still not convinced you're 34.

I'd sooner go with 'fibber' or 'good with photoshop'.