Wednesday, April 2, 2008

zzzzzzzz.....

Today I discovered that nothing brings my cat Eloise more joy than crawling into bed with me in the middle of the afternoon for a nap.

(did someone say nap?)

We picked my mom up at the airport around 6AM and by 1 o'clock this afternoon I found myself slumped in a chair, propping up my head with my hand and struggling with heavy gritty eyelids. And although I hardly ever take naps, I knew I was going to be zombiefied by 5, when I was due at the reference desk. So I closed the blinds, fluffed my pillow and set the alarm. Not two minutes later Eloise was there, doing her little "finding a spot in the bed" dance. It involves a lot of full contact cat hugs, nose kisses and wriggling around. She likes me to spoon her with her head tucked under my chin and her back feet held in my hand.

(purr..purr...purr)

Finally settled in, she began her deep throaty purr, broadcasting her happiness to the house. I woke up 3 hours later, my body outlined by little furry bodies. Me and my litter.

7 comments:

JD said...

OK, gotta know, what is a full contact cat hug??

My wee beast tends to want to be on my shoulder like a parrot when I am up and she want attention, but at night she just hangs out by my feet or between the wife and I

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Pictures! Or are you afraid the Intarwebz will implode with the cute?

Christina RN LMT said...

Too sweet! I bet they kept you nice and warm, too.

phlegmfatale said...

I'm sure a cuddly purring cat is a wonderful napmate. My little dog is like a fur hot-water bottle and she curls up and nestles up to me. She's my serenity device, and she's a power napper. Yay, naps!

breda said...

jd - the full contact cat hug is when your cat leans their whole body against yours, like a horizontal version of a cat rubbing against your legs.

NJT - updated with pics! Isn't she a pretty calico?

christina and phlegmmy - pets are the best.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Nice goatee on that cat

phlegmfatale said...

I didn't say so before, but Eloise is an exceptionally pretty cat.