Thursday, October 2, 2008

going to my quiet place, BRB

As you all know, the Palin-Biden debate is tonight. And despite my love for the Sarahcuda, I have to confess that since Governor Palin is new to the national stage, has the media bias so firmly against her and lacks the same years of bullshitting public speaking experience as Joe Biden, I am nervous. So nervous that even before 9AM this morning I was considering whether I should do a Novena or crack open a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

Instead, I am going to step away from the computer today, resist the urge to refresh the headlines on HotAir every 15 minutes, and occupy myself with more calming tasks like folding laundry, getting a haircut, and making dinner. And then after dinner, I will be going to ladies' night with my friend Nicole. We will drink free beer while watching the debate at the brewery - with the sound turned off.

But before I leave - I found something that's made me feel a teeny bit better. Hope it helps you too.



Oh, and hey! This one too. Especially this one:

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Dang, I think I'm in love. :)
What a fun spirit he's got!

Have fun tonight!

Jay G said...

I don't know why you're concerned.

Just because, with the current slant of the media, Biden could walk out on stage, clamp his hands firmly over his ears, and yell "LALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" for an hour and still be declared the "winner" of the debate...

I am (foolishly) planning to live-blog the debate. I want to save the bias for posterity...

Unknown said...

I love those videos! Where are they on Youtube?

Epijunky said...

Loved the videos... Especially the second one!

OrangeNeck said...

I'm not going to waste my time watching the debates. I'm going to vote McCain/Palin no matter what. She'd be a much better President as VP than Obama would be VP as President.

NotClauswitz said...

I'm not gonna watch it. I'm also goign to keep the bathroom door shut afterwards - I'm afraid that the post debate spin will be enough to make my toilet flush involuntarily.

Anonymous said...

If you change your mind Ed Morrissey will have his chat up and running.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ed-morrissey-show


and tomorrow before Ed's show their will be 2nd Amendment Trivia (2:40 or so).

Quigley said...

This guy is fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

Oh look here.

THE VOTE REAPER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=jbW64215HA8&feature=related

phlegmfatale said...

He's a very engaging speaker. Loved it.

I've got a bottle of champers chililng, frankly.

Remember what has been written about Abraham Lincoln (and most people kind of like him) - he wasn't an engaging speaker, with his high-pitched, irritating voice. It's time we choose a candidate based on the content of their character, rather than a high-glossed primped-and-preened version of too-perfectly-presented. Give me just plain folks any day.

Anonymous said...

OK was it good for you?

B Smith said...

1. Said-it-before-and-I'll-say-it-again dept.: The ONLY reason I need not to vote for Obama EVER is the picture I have of him standing with his hands clasped over his genital area as the National Anthem played. No further info needed.
2. This guy is funny. I LOVE the wide-eyed, do-you-believe-this-$#!^ look!!
3. Another great point, about 4:45 in the second video: "here's some feed for your animosity against the rich, as if a poor person could ever give you a job" Food for thought, indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is a reverend from Harlem. If he is right, I will be very thankful that I returned to the country long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQxmaTIvIVo