Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gun Nuts - Flying Solo


Caleb decided to go out of town at the last minute* so I'm going to be all by my lonesome tonight, hosting Gun Nuts Radio and firing up the old webcam. I had a fantastic topic all thought out, with fascinating female (and famous, at least by blog standards) guests but it being such short notice, no one could join me on the air.

So.

We're going to talk about "what makes a gunnie" on tonight's show. In my experience, most gun folk are the opposite of the redneck bible-thumping xenophobes we're thought to be and there are certain qualities that a lot of gun folk share - many of them not even gun-related!

But here's the deal. I have 60 minutes to fill. Alone. The thought of having to talk to dead air for an hour is making me a little panicky so...I'm depending on you. I need lots of callers tonight. In fact, here's the number: (347) 539-5436. If I could dial it for you, I would. I'm that desperate.

Please join me tonight for Gun Nuts Radio: The Breda Hour, part II.

______________________
*But who could blame him? It's an anniversary camping trip with his lovely wife. They're celebrating 3 years together - congrats, Mr. & Mrs. Ahab!

18 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Besides guns, Gunnies like:

Heinlein,
Beer,
Being left alone,
Chasing hippies down ala Deathrace 2000,
History,

Robert Langham said...

Usually the complaint is that Caleb talks too much an you talk too little. This will be a show for the ages!

I'll call in. No Problem.

Jay G said...

I'll clear my calendar. :)

Earl said...

I must apologize for working again, but I know you will do very well without my couple pennies worth. I would like a real definition of a 'gunnie' since I will automatically want to not be one of 'them' - pretending that I am a loner and beyond comparison - the truth is in the shooting and what it does and why you do it. Like my motorcycling, the more folks on two wheels the less I am the only target - something I learned in my first combat tour - keep the enemy's environment target rich and they may never come out to mess with one and my brethren.

Carteach said...

Hmm.... this will be an interesting show.

kaveman said...

Well, normally tuesday nights are reserved for alphabetizing my chesse collection while singing show tunes dressed as a pirate, but I suppose I could take a break and call in tonight.

TheAxe said...

This is andrew, it was fun calling in. It looks like people were wondering what I comment as, apparently it was hard to hear; I was talking fast due to the short time.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Great show!

I only call in when Caleb isn't there to tease me....

breda said...

Andrew & TBolt - thanks so much for calling in! I had a great time talking with you both.

breda said...

and kaveman! great call, as always!

breda said...

JayG - I had to bust you on air about Firefly. Forgive me?

breda said...

Robert - you are always like the voice of wisdom. Thank you.

Robert Langham said...

We gotta get better wisdom. I was hoping for more cat dancing.

HankH said...

Excellent show Breda. I enjoyed speaking with you.

HankH

breda said...

Thanks for calling in, Hank! :)

Lawyer said...

Breda,

Thanks for taking my call! It was my first time tuning in. Great show! I'll have to listen again.

TheAxe said...

You're welcome, I'm sorry I wasn't more articulate, with only a couple minutes left what I had planned to say went out the window and my brain started running about 1000X faster than my mouth and I had a bit of an OMG I'M TALKING WITH THE GUNBLOGGERS moment and choked somewhat. I'm glad the topic was one I could relate to. Living in MD I don't have as much opportunity to get experience with gunnie stuff as you all in the free states. Keep up the awesome blogging though. It was one of your chicks with guns posts that convinced a friend to come to the range with me, now she's always up for it and trying to get her roommate to try it. Your metaphor of ripples in a pond was really apt.

Jay G said...

Breda,

But of course. I s'pose I had it coming...