Monday, December 13, 2010

TLNC*

Ugh, yesterday was just...ugh. That's about all I can say.

However, I will never again doubt the power of free internet. The usual suspects braved below zero wind chills just to get their fix.

The library was the slowest I've ever seen. In 8 hours, I had 4 reference questions. We're between billing cycles, so I couldn't place an audiobook order and because it's the end of the year and all available storage space is taken, I couldn't weed the fantasy fiction. I was bored. Painfully, tragically bored. And lonely. I would have even been happy to see the creeper who, when he's not ogling my coworker, offers us Hershey's chocolates along with a sly, "How's about a kiss?"

And somewhere in in those hours of backlogged blog reading I saw just what I needed**.

9:20 PM and I was there. Home.


*too long, no cats
** this is my favorite "smiles guaranteed" blog. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Lissa said...

Cat shelter + capitalism + coffee = WHY ISN'T THERE ONE NEAR ME????

Mike W. said...

Umm Breda, don't they eat cats in Japan?....

Laura said...

they do not eat cats in Japan.

Solus said...

I thought they ate cats in Japan too?

Isn't that cafe sort of like the Lobster Tank in a grocery store?

=)))))

Mike W. said...

A cat is a fine meal ;)

Willorith said...

If it is cat, they sure know how to cook it! Yum.

I could call and ask you how to make steel in my back yard.

lee n. field said...

As FerFAL said in his book, "cat, the other white meat".

Seriously, I'm kidding. We have 3. The place looks like fun, as long as you're cool with, you know, unwashed cat butt sitting on the table next to you.

PPPP said...

"lee n. field: as long as you're cool with, you know, unwashed cat butt sitting on the table next to you."

Unwashed? Nah. The cat just licked it clean, with the same tongue it just sampled your coffee with.

Old NFO said...

Hope they don't eat cats in Japan, that's Korea and Vietnam... :-)