Thursday, January 3, 2008
I've seen this passed around the gunblogosphere recently, with both bloggers and commenters berating the man in the video for giving such a wee, stupid, and unsuspecting girl (oh, dearie me! what a big gun you have!) such a large weapon.
Let me be the first to say that the girl in the video is also an idiot and is just as responsible for the willful stupidity shown in the video.
Let's review, shall we?
1. is dating/hanging out with/in the proximity of a douchebag who wears a shirt emblazoned with the words "Fuck Y'all"
2. has carefully planned (& don't you think for a second that she didn't) an ensemble of bikini top and camo pants, thinking that, when worn in unison they are attractive in a "I'm tough, but sexy too" sort of way. They are not. Neither are brass burns all over your cleavage if you insist on wearing said outfit while shooting. Nothing at all erotic about scabby blisters. (if you absolutely must wear camo pants - GET DECENT KICKASS BOOTS. Puma tennies do not suffice, even if they are black)
3. has a decent enough grip and shooting stance to convince me that this is not her first experience with guns. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 50 (caliber) is bigger than say, 22.
4. coyly sticks out her tongue...what the hell is that about? You are holding a very large loaded weapon, honey, not practicing cutting circles in kindergarten.
5. pays no heed to the observers who are actively laughing at her, not with her.
From a woman's perspective, this seems to be an obvious attempt on the girl's part to be cute, to impress the boys, to make them like her, to be the "sexy gun girl"...so I don't feel bad for her at all.
To be perfectly honest, each time I've watched the video it kind of made me smile.